The City of Centralia has issued a “boil water ADVISORY” for City of Centralia water customers in the following locations:
• North Rollins Street from Hwy 22 to Wigham Street
• All of Wigham Street
• The 700 block of North Allen to Green Gables
• All of Green Gables
• Fairgrounds from Hickman to Hwy 151
The BOIL ADVISORY ORDER is in effect after 9:30 a.m. Thursday, July 12, 2018 until 11:00 a.m. Saturday, July 14, 2018.
This is not City-wide and does not affect any other water systems. A water valve will be replaced on North Rollins Street on Thursday, July 12, 2018. The City will disinfect all new material that is put in place and flush these mains for the next two days.
Anyone served by the City of Centralia water system in the affected area, particularly those with small children or anyone with a compromised immune system, may wish to observe the following precautions:
• Boil water vigorously for three minutes (3:00) prior to use for cooking, drinking or brushing teeth.
• Disinfect food contact surfaces (dishes) by immersing them for at least one minute in clean tap water that contains one teaspoon of unscented household bleach per gallon of water.
• Use only boiled water for brushing teeth.
• Dispose of ice cubes made with water dispensed after 9:30 a.m. Thursday, July 12, 2018 and remake with water that has been boiled.
• Continue boiling all water that is to be used for cooking or drinking until the advisory is rescinded.
• Water used for hand washing or bathing does not generally need to be boiled. Supervision of children is necessary while bathing so water is not ingested.
• Persons with cuts or severe rashes may wish to consult their physicians.
• LET WATER COOL SUFFICIENTLY BEFORE DRINKING.