The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is announcing planned opening dates for recreational hunting and boat ramp facilities at Mark Twain Lake. Staff and Public safety are our top priorities, and openings are based on capacity to protect the health, safety and security of the public, our partners and USACE employees. The openings are meant to provide increased public access to Mark Twain Lake in a manner that is consistent with CDC guidelines and practices in fighting COVID-19.
- Monday, 27 April 2020 – Open all Hunter-Fisherman (HF) Access areas for recreation and dispersed public hunting except HF#11 at Rt.N. This includes 9 boat ramps at the following Hunter Fisherman Access Areas:
- HF#15 at Shell Branch, #20 at FF, #26 at North Fork, #23 at Hwy 24, #30 at Route U, #41 at Elk Fork, #60 at BB, #70 at the re-regulation pool, and Duane Wheelan.
- Dispersed hunting as normal except in developed recreation areas or as posted.
- . Friday, 1 May 2020 – Robert Allen, South Fork, and Stoutsville Recreation Areas and boat ramps will open and no fees will be collected until further notice. HF #11 at Rt. N will also open. The fish cleaning station at Stoutsville will remain closed due to social distancing at this time.
- Monday, 4 May 2020 – Boat ramps at Ray Behrens, John F. Spalding, Indian Creek, Bluff View, and the Warren G. See South Spillway Recreation Area will open, however fish cleaning stations will remain closed.The Lick Creek and Joanna Trails will open at this time as well. No fees will be collected until further notice.
- Campgrounds, beaches and picnic facilities will remain closed.Opening will be dependent on local conditions, social distancing protocols and mitigation measures that are currently being assessed.
- All playgrounds, picnic shelters, fish cleaning stations, Visitor Center, shooting range, archery park and primitive camping will remain closed and no Special Use Permits will be issued at this time due to social distancing protocols.
For more information, call the Mark Twain Lake Project Office at 573-735-4097, follow us on Facebook at Mark Twain Lake – U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, or email us at MarkTwainInfo@usace.army.mil. The established dates are subject to change based upon overcrowding that prevents social distancing and any applicable federal, state and county advisories and guidance.